RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Railfans » Western US » Anyone going to be in Tehachapi 7/5/02

Author Topic: Anyone going to be in Tehachapi 7/5/02
BNSF18127
Member # 1754

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for BNSF18127     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greetings all. I am new to this forum. Just wanted to know if anyone was going to be in the Tehachapi's this weekend. I'm driving out from SE Arizona for a little rest and relaxation chasing trains.

Cheers, Chris

Posts: 3 | From: Ft. Huachuca AZ USA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
atsf3751
Member # 1538

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for atsf3751   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just drove through Mojave today on my way back to So Cal (didn't go to Tehachapi, but would have liked to) and the action looked plentiful. A BNSF Z-train coming off their main onto UP and a UP manifest waiting for them to pass, plus a coal train sitting in the yard -- all this in less than five minutes.
Posts: 246 | From: Anaheim, CA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BNSF18127
Member # 1754

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for BNSF18127     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thats great. Thats the one thing you can always count on on that line, plenty of great action.
Posts: 3 | From: Ft. Huachuca AZ USA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
atsf3751
Member # 1538

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for atsf3751   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Forgot to mention that I was there in late April (very green) and saw 25 trains in 10 hours. After the July 4 holiday, there ought to be plenty of traffic as BNSF and UP will be needing to catch up from running fewer trains the day before.
Posts: 246 | From: Anaheim, CA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page