RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Railfans » Western US » Track number signs in the USA?

Author Topic: Track number signs in the USA?
LLJ
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for LLJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi.

I'm building a switchyard in the simulator program Trainz and wounder if there are common with signs with the track number over the track in the yard. If so, how do a such sign look?

/Lars from Sweden

Posts: 11 | From: Jonkoping,Sweden | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrydraper
Member # 737

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for barrydraper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have never seen posted numbers in a yard in the Western US. The tracks are numbered, but crews learn the numbers when they go to work in the yard, there is no visible posting. Tracks are numbered starting with the north track in an east/west yard, and the west track in a north/south yard.
Posts: 35 | From: Alhambra, CA USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LLJ
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for LLJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the info.
I will supply a map instead.

/Lars

Posts: 11 | From: Jonkoping,Sweden | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JimBaker
Member # 1637

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JimBaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Track numbers were sometimes shown in the Switch Stand Target which indicated the direction the switch is thrown.
Posts: 5 | From: Whittier, CA USA | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page