RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Railfans » Western US » BNSF GP-30 question

Author Topic: BNSF GP-30 question
chubbes
Member # 3250

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for chubbes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does BNSF have any GP-30's in the old pin stripe paint scheme (pic below isint a pin stripe scheme)

Posts: 98 | From: Bakersfield, CA, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
john1082
Member # 2068

Rate Member
Icon 13 posted      Profile for john1082     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you mean the old blue and yellow "bookend" scheme with yellow ends, a big yellow SANTA FE on the side, a yellow sill and a narrow yellow stripe near the top of the hood, I'm afraid that those were gone perhaps 25 years ago.
Posts: 37 | From: Orange, CA | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
atsf3751
Member # 1538

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for atsf3751   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is only one unit, to my knowledge, that is still in that scheme, and that is BNSF 1460, an oddball unit known as an "SWBLW," which serves at the Argentine Shop switcher.

Most of the GP30's, to my own delight, are still in ATSF's yellowbonnet scheme, although a few have been repainted to Heritage I.

Posts: 246 | From: Anaheim, CA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page