RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Railfans » Central US » ALCo Roster of the Great Lakes Area

Author Topic: ALCo Roster of the Great Lakes Area
michiganrailfan
Member # 605

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for michiganrailfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm looking in starting a roster of ALCos in the Great Lakes Area. This including:

Michigan,
Indiana,
Illinois,
Wisconsin,
Minnesota,
Ohio,
Pennsylvania,
New York,
Ontario,
and Quebec

Any info would be helpful.

Posts: 4 | From: Michigan, US | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
v8mack
Member # 1430

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for v8mack     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i can tell you that in michigan tsby had some alco but cut up,if you get the clearblock video set an alco they can tell you almost where all of them are.in the late 60's ann arbor was going to get some new alco but the f unit went in an trade to EMD an i now for a fact that one of the 3 GP38 they run is an alco trucks.have fun in your list.
Posts: 1 | From: milan mi | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
firkinguy
Member # 1434

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for firkinguy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From my new railroad magazine index, you can search photos by railroad name and model, so you might find it useful. Check it out at
firkin-soft.ca

Rod.

Posts: 2 | From: Mississippi Mills, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
therobs
Member # 410

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for therobs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greetings!

Check out the Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad's web site (http://www.cvsr.com). They have a roster page, and they operate nothing but Alco power. They just bought the last available FPA-4, #365. I'm not sure if it's on site yet or not.

Rob

Posts: 2 | From: Bedford, OH, US | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page